MINUTES OF THE 19TH REGIONAL CONFERENCE OF THE OWHC’S EUROPE AND THE SOUTHERN MEDITERRANEAN SECRETARIAT
KRAKOW (POLAND), 4 JUNE 2019
While the 15th World Congress of the OWHC was being held at Krakow (Poland), at 14:30 on 4 June 2019, the people listed below, who represent the Southern Europe and Mediterranean World Heritage Cities belonging to the OWHC, assembled in Room 2 of the ICE Congress Centre:
– Manuel de Pina Monteiro, Mayor of Cidade Velha (Cape Verde)
– Carlos Pinto de Sá, Mayor of Évora (Portugal)
– José G. Meneses, Mayor of Angra do Heroísmo (Portugal)
– Lubjo Beslic, Mayor of Mostar (Bosnia-Herzegovina)
– Raquel Caetano Ferreira, Councillor of Angra do Heroismo (Portugal)
– Eduardo Jorge Pratas Fernandes Luciano, Councillor of Évora (Portugal) – Vitória Júlia Damião Rita Branco, Councillor of Elvas (Portugal)
– Pedro Baganha, Councillor of Porto (Portugal)
– João Eduardo Pessôa Lopes De Lacerda Tavares, Councillor of Sintra (Portugal) – Elizabeth Touton, Councillor of Bordeaux (France)
– Paula Cordeiro. Technical officer. Brussels (Belgium) – Thi-Tiên Tyran, Technical officer. Brussels (Belgium)
– Crilles Clemente, Technical officer. Carcassonne (France)
– Paula Cristina Flora Cordeiro, Technical officer. Brussels (Belgium) – Regina Wiala Zimm. Technical officer. Vienna (Austria)
– Gracia Peregrín, Technical officer. Granada (Spain)
– Maria Carmen Del Pozo Lopez, Technical officer. Aranjuez (Spain)
– Isabel Da Conceição De Almeida Pinto, Technical officer. Elvas (Portugal) – Paula Helena Santos, Technical officer. Évora (Portugal)
– Miguel Pechb, Technical officer. Évora (Portugal)
– Senada Demirovich Habibia, Technical officer. Mostar (Bosnia-Herzegovina) – Anne Laure Moniot, Technical officer. Bordeaux (France)
– Edouard Bertroin-Serindat. Technical officer. Bordeaux (France) – Jasna Jerkov, Technical officer. Split (Croatia)
– Piéranne Gausset, Technical officer. Lyon (France)
– Amel Meddeb, Deputy Mayor, TUNIS (Tunisia), OWHC Regional Coordinator for North Africa and the Middle East.
– Rafael Pérez de la Concha Camacho, Technical officer for Córdoba and OWHC Regional Coordinator for Southern Europe and the Mediterranean. OWHC
The following motions were
- To extend a warm welcome to the cities of Carcassone (France) and Luxembourg (Luxembourg).
- To maintain this Regional Secretariat’s collaboration agreement to work jointly with the Regional Secretariat of North Africa and the Middle East, once this has been constituted and is up and running, the Regional Coordinator of which, Amel Meddeb, is attending this meeting.
- To approve the financial report submitted by the Regional Coordinator for the 2018 period and up to 31 May 2019, for the sum of €55,935.29 (Income: +€74,951.95 – Expendituren-€55,935.29), with a resulting Surplus of €19,258.66 to meet the costs of the Segovia Projects Meeting and the 2nd Craftsmanship market in Évora, to be held at the end of 2019.
- To approve the 2020 budget, for the sum of €41,000, subject to the income received from the General Secretariat by way of the 12% repayment of the 2019 dues for general projects and the 11% for specific projects, and also subject to the contribution finally made by Córdoba City Council.
- To approve holding a Day of Solidarity on 8 September 2020, the theme of which will be GREEN HERITAGE.
- To approve publication of the Leaflet providing an introduction to the Regional Secretariat for 2020. (€1,200)
- To approve the continuation of the Youth and Heritage Project, coordinated by Aranjuez. (€2,000)
- To cancel the 2nd Young People’s Artistic Expression Competition for 2019 and to approve the running of the competition in 2020, but providing the prizemoney (€1,500), as had been the case until now, entrusting its organization to the city of Aranjuez, the expenditure for which will be duly billed to the Regional Secretariat.
- To approve the continuation of the Craftsmanship Project in 2020, coordinated by the city of Granada (€8,500).
- To approve the continuation of the Visual Decontamination Project in 2020 (€3,000).
- 1 To approve the 2nd Market and Encounter of Craftspeople in World Heritage Cities at the end of December 2019 in Évora (Portugal) (€7,000).
- To approve the continuation of the Mobility and Heritage Project in 2020, coordinated by the city of Córdoba, and to publish a leaflet summarizing best practice (€2,500).
- To approve the holding of a Technical Meeting for 2020 in the city of Mostar (Bosnia and Herzegovina) at the end of the first half of 2020 (€6,000).
- To hold the 20th Regional Conference in the city of Elvas (Portugal) in 2020 (€13,000).
- To renew the vote of confidence in the city of Córdoba to continue running the OWHC Southern Europe and the Mediterranean Regional Secretariat.
And with no further business to transact, the session concluded at 16:30 on 4 June 2019, bringing to a close this 19th Regional Conference of Southern Europe and the Mediterranean.
Rafael Pérez de la Concha Camacho REGIONAL COORDINATOR
SOUTHERN EUROPE AND THE MEDITERRANEAN REGIONAL SECRETARIAT OF THE OWHC